"Jesus said to him, "Have you believed because you
have seen me? Blessed are those who have not
seen and yet have come to believe."
- John 20:29
Thought For the Week
Apostle Thomas' faith is better than an insincere
- Prayers for Yvonne Stitt, Darryl Munson, Sabrina Richardson, Pauline Woolfolk, Jacqueline Burnette, Gwen Hoover, Connie Powell, Sharmayne Miller, Carol Bain and all of our members who are mourning the loss of a loved one.
- Prayers for William Eley and all of our members who are homebound.
- Prayers for all children and youth during this school year especially for the children who are missing.
Inclement Weather Policy: During weekdays we will follow the local school system. So, if D.C. Public Schools are closed then the church is closed. During the weekend if the church is closed the voice mail greeting will indicate we are closed, we will also post the closing on our Facebook page and the church website and an e-mail will be sent. Be safe and always exercise caution while traveling.
- Tuesday, April 18th (10:30am-11:00am) Staff Prayer Meeting
- Tuesday, April 18th (5:30pm-6:30pm) Community Meal
- Tuesday, April 18th (6:30pm-8:30pm) C.A.P. Community Anti-Violence Program
- Tuesday, April 18th (7:00pm) WIN House meeting.
- Tuesday, April 18th (7:00pm) Men's Choir Rehearsal
- Wednesday, April 19th (8:00pm-8:30pm) Join Pastor Paul for Lenten Bible Study as we study : Acts 2:14a,22-32, Psalms 16, 1 Peter 1:3-9, John 20:19-31. Videoconference https://zoom.us/j/407304776 Or Telephone: +1-408-638-0968 (US Toll), Meeting ID: 407 304 776.
- Thursday, April 20th (7:00pm) Intergenerational Singers.
- Friday, April 21st (10:00am-2:00pm) Veterans Program.
- Friday, April 21st (7:00 pm - 9:00 pm) - NA (Narcotics Anonymous) Meeting.
- Saturday, April 22nd -
Berean Fellowship -(10:00am-3:00pm)Weekly
Bible Study everyone is welcomed and encouraged toattend. Facilitator: Sis Mary Thompson.
- Sunday , April 23rd (9:30am-10:30am) Join Pastor Paul for Bible Study. Every Sunday we will cover the lectionary scriptures for that day. We will study: Acts 2:14a,22-32, Psalms 16, 1 Peter 1:3-9, John 20:19-31. .
- Sunday, April 23rd - Hospitality Anniversary.
- Sunday, April 23rd - Pastor Paul would like to meet with the Men of Hughes immediately following worship service in the Sanctuary for approximately 15 minutes.
WOMEN’S DAY 2017
Sunday May 21, 2017
It’s Our Time:
Pick up your Women’s Day Letters today following the morning worship service.
Also, pick up a mason jar for PROJECT ROUND UP. For every purchase you make, round up the loose change to the next dollar and put it in your jar. Turn in the change as a donation to Women’s Day.
Back by Popular Demand: Helen’s Things!!! Visit Sister Helen Ferguson’s table in the Fellowship Hall today for that perfect purchase. A portion of each purchase will support Women’s Day.
Sisters Sabrina Richardson and Ericka Janifer
Woman’s Day 2017 Co-chairpersons
- Checkout the latest HI LITES April 2017
- Checkout our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/hughesmemorialunitedmethodistchurch.DC?ref=hl) and invite your family and friends to like us!
- Please contact our Administrative Assistant, Sister Melanie to schedule church ministry events. You may click on the link below to check the availability of the Fellowship Hall: