"Jesus said to her, "Did I not tell you that if you
believed, you would see the glory of God?"
- John 11:40
Thought For the Week
Death is not the end of our journey!
- Prayers for Sabrina Richardson, Pauline Woolfolk, Jacqueline Burnette, Gwen Hoover, Connie Powell, Sharmayne Miller, Carol Bain and all of our members who are mourning the loss of a loved one.
- Prayers for Raymond Stitt, William Eley and all of our members who are homebound.
- Prayers for all children and youth during this school year especially for the children who are missing.
Inclement Weather Policy: During weekdays we will follow the local school system. So, if D.C. Public Schools are closed then the church is closed. During the weekend if the church is closed the voice mail greeting will indicate we are closed, we will also post the closing on our Facebook page and the church website and an e-mail will be sent. Be safe and always exercise caution while traveling.
- Tuesday, March 28th (10:30am-11:00am) Staff Prayer Meeting.
- Tuesday, March 28th (5:30pm-6:30pm) Community Meal.
- Tuesday, March 28th (6:30pm-8:30pm) C.A.P. Community Anti-Violence Program.
- Tuesday, March 28th (7:00pm) Men's Choir Rehearsal.
- Wednesday, March 29th (8:00pm-8:30pm) Join Pastor Paul for ZOOM Bible Study as we study :Ezekiel 37: 1-14, Psalms 130, Romans 8:6-11, John 11: 1-45. videoconference https://zoom.us/j/407304776 Or Telephone: +1-408-638-0968 (US Toll), Meeting ID: 407 304 776.
- Thursday, March 30th (7:00pm) Intergenerational Singers.
- Friday, March 31st (10:00am-2:00pm) Veterans Program.
- Friday, March 31st (7:00 pm - 9:00 pm) - NA (Narcotics Anonymous) Meeting.
- Saturday, April 1st -
Berean Fellowship -(10:00am-3:00pm)Weekly
Bible Study everyone is welcomed and encouraged toattend. Facilitator: Sis Mary Thompson.
Senior Choir Rehearsal - (2:30pm)
- Sunday , April 2nd (9:30am-10:30am) Join Pastor Paul for Bible Study. Every Sunday we will cover the lectionary scriptures for that day. We will study: Ezekiel 37: 1-14, Psalms 130, Romans 8:6-11, John 11:1-45.
- Sunday, April 9th(11:00am) Lenten Concert.
- Thursday, April 13th (7:00pm) Maundy Thursday Worship Service.
- Friday, April 14th (12:00Noon) Good Friday Worship Service at Memorial First India UMC (9226 Colesville Road, Silver Spring, MD 20910)- Pastor Paul will preach one of the Seven Last Words of Christ.
- Friday, April 14th - 20019 Cluster Good Friday Worship Service. (5:00pm) Jones Memorial UMC (4625 G Street, S.E., Washington DC 20019) Fellowship Meal (6:00pm); Min. Valerie Shade and Min. Roberta White will preach one of the Seven Last Words of Christ.
- Sunday, April 16th (11:00am) Easter Sunday Worship Service.
- Saturday, April 22nd (2pm - 6pm) - Centennial Celebration for Inez Robertson (100th Birthday) at Hughes Memorial UMC. RSVP by April 8, 2017 Call Zenola Dunmore 202-722-1946 or Cassandra Robertson 202-584-9213.
Washington Interfaith Network
WIN HOUSE MEETING
Tuesday, April 18th, 2017
Hughes Memorial United Methodist Church
25-53rd Street, N.E.
Washington, DC 20019
Are you concerned about the holistic (physical, mental, financial, emotional, etc.) health of our community and want to make a difference?
Then join with members of the surrounding community and members of Hughes to discern the primary issues (lack of jobs, lack of affordable housing, inadequate access to healthy food, education reform, crime reduction, or something else) we would like to address through broad-based community organizing.
ALL ARE WELCOME!
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!
- Checkout the latest HI-LITES January 2017
- Checkout our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/hughesmemorialunitedmethodistchurch.DC?ref=hl) and invite your family and friends to like us!
- Please contact our Administrative Assistant, Sister Melanie to schedule church ministry events. You may click on the link below to check the availability of the Fellowship Hall: