"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the
conviction of things not seen."
- Hebrews 11:1
Thought For the Week
Real faith pleases God!Community Prayer
- Prayers for the gun violence in our community and our country to come to an end.
- Prayers for all of our members who are homebound.
- Prayers for all children and youth during summer break.
JULY BOOK OF THE MONTH-
Transforming Community: The Wesleyan Way to Missional Congregations by Henry H. Knight III & F. Douglas Powe, Jr.
- Tuesday, July 5th (10:30am-11:00am) Staff Prayer Meeting.
- Tuesday, July 5th (5:30pm-6:30pm) Community Meal.
- Thursday, July 7th (10:00am) Veterans Program.
- Friday, July 8th (7:00pm) Intergenerational Singers Rehearsal.
- Friday, July 8th (7:00 pm - 9:00 pm) - NA (Narcotics Anonymous) Meeting.
- Saturday, July 9th (10:00am-3:00pm) Berean Fellowship. Weekly Bible Study everyone is welcomed and encouraged to attend. Facilitator: Sis Mary Thompson.
- Saturday, July 9th (11:00am) Clothes Closet.
- Saturday, July 9th (11:00am-1:00pm) Food Pantry.
- Saturday, July 9th (2:00pm) SENIOR CHOIR REHEARSAL.
- This summer Pastor Paul would like to meet with you for about an hour in an age specific small group in the conference room following worship service on the dates below to discuss how we can be in ministry together to fulfill God's vision for our church:Sunday, July 10th - Generation Z (Born after 2001)invite your parents to join you.Sunday, July 17th - Generation Y (1981 - 2000)Sunday, July 24th - Generation X (1965 - 1980)Sunday, July 31st - Baby Boomers (1946 - 1964)Sunday, August 7th - Silent Generation (1927 - 1945)Sunday, August 28th - GI Generation (1901 - 1926)
- Saturday, July 16th (9:00am-10:30am) SPPRC meeting.
- Saturday, July 16th (9:30am-10:30am) Trustees meeting.
- Saturday, July 16th (9:30am-10:30am) Lay Leadership Meeting.
- Saturday, July 16th (11:00am-1:00pm) Church Council Meeting.
- Just a reminder: Tickets for Summer Jazz and Celebration are now available. Requested donation is $20. A light fare will be served. Please share the flyers in the lobby with your friends and neighbors. To purchase tickets see any of the following members of Mission Ministry: Janice Gaskins, Wanda Addison, Michelle Bates, Jackie Brown, Shirley Day, Doris Hill, George Hill, James Isaac, Delores Jones, Constance Powell, Pauline Woolfolk, or James Woolfolk. We hope to see you on July 30, at 2:00.
- Tuesday, August 2nd (5:45pm -7:00pm)- Listening session to discern the hopes and needs of students, parents, teachers and school administrators in our community.
- Checkout our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/hughesmemorialunitedmethodistchurch.DC?ref=hl) and invite your family and friends to like us!
- Please contact our Administrative Assistant, Sister Melanie to schedule church ministry events. You may click on the link below to check the availability of the Fellowship Hall: