"He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and
the prophets, neither will they be convinced even if
someone rises from the dead."
Thought For the Week
How do we show love and compassion to the poor?Community Prayer
- Prayers for Beulah Anderson and her family as she mourns the loss of John Way (her son).
- Prayers for Valerie Shade and Rita Watkins and their family as they mourn the loss of Cora M. Jones (their aunt).
- Prayers for James and Kathy Best and their family as they mourn the loss of Myrtle Arledge (James' mother).
- Prayers for all of our members who are homebound.
- Prayers for children and youth for peace and protection during this school year.
- We are almost to 200! Please like our fan page on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/hughesmemorialunitedmethodistchurch.DC?ref=hl) and send invitations to your family and friends to like us too!
- MAY BOOK OF THE MONTH-A Setback is a Setup for a Comeback by Willie Jolley.
- Tuesday, April 26th (5:30 pm - 6:30 pm) - Free Community Meal.
- Tuesday, April 26th (7:00pm) Men's Choir Rehearsal.
- Thursday, April 28th (10:00am) Veterans Program.
- Friday, April 29th (7:00pm) Intergenerational Singers Rehearsal.
- Friday, April 29th (6:00 pm - 9:00 pm) - NA (Narcotics Anonymous) Meeting.
- Saturday, April 30th (10:00am-3:00pm) Berean Fellowship. Weekly Bible Study everyone is welcomed and encouraged to attend. Facilitator: Sis Mary Thompson.
- Saturday, April 30th (2:30pm) Senior Choir Rehearsal.
- Saturday, April 30th (10:30am)
A Mile / Two Mile Walk in
Watkins Park, Upper Marlboro
We'll meet in the parking lot, led by
Kathleen Crestwell and Shirley Day.
Walk at your own pace.
A free congregational fun event. Join us.
Questions call Alveta Jones 301-772-5594.
The April Birth month Members
- Saturday, May 14th (1:00pm-2:30pm) Quarterly Pastoral Team meetings.
- Sunday, May 15th- Women's Day. Ladies, if you have not received your letter regarding this special occasion, please see Pauline Woolfolk or Janice Gaskins.
Discipleship Academy (Greater Washington District
May 21, 2016 | 9:00 am - May 22, 2016 | 5:30 pm $35.00
Saturday, May 21st - Church Council Meeting (11 am - 1 pm)
Saturday, May 21 9:00am - 1:00pm
WHERE: ECUF at 5929 East Capitol Street, NE, Washington, DC 20019 EAST CAPITOL URBAN FARM RE-OPENING EVENTPlease join us for the re-opening of the East Capitol Urban Farm (ECUF) for the Spring 2016 season on May 21. There will be free food, a farmers market, health screenings, and information about farm programs and soil testing for residents' soil. We will also have a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the new Aquaponics System (growing of fish + produce in the same space) and the new UDC Education Food Truck (both funded by Sustainable DC and the District Department of the Environment).
- Sunday, June 12th- A Congregational Meeting will be held in the Fellowship Hall immediately following worship service. Please plan to attend this meeting as we discuss the future of Hughes
- Please contact our Administrative Assistant, Sister Melanie to schedule church ministry events. You may click on the link below to check the availability of the Fellowship Hall: