"Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me. "But
you ask, "How are we robbing you?" "In tithes and
Thought For the Week
Real Stewardship involves tithing.
- Prayers for the family and friends of our members who have recently passed.
- Prayers for all of our members who are in the hospital or homebound.
- Prayers for children and youth for peace and protection during this school year.
- In the event of inclement weather during weekdays we will follow the local school system. So, if D.C. Public Schools are closed then the church is closed. During the weekend if the church is closed the voice mail greeting will indicate we are closed, we will also post the closing on our Facebook page and the church website and an e-mail will be sent. Be safe and always exercise caution while traveling.
- Office Assistant- If you are willing to serve as an unpaid office assistant Monday - Friday (3-5); Saturday (9-5); Sunday (9-11). please contact Pastor Paul or Sister Doris Hill.
- Please like our fan page on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/hughesmemorialunitedmethodistchurch.DC?ref=hl) and send invitations to your family and friends to like us too!
- MARCH BOOK OF THE MONTH-Not Safe for Church - Ten Commandments for Reaching New Generations by F. Douglas Powe, Jr. & Jasmine Rose Smothers.
- Tuesday, March 29th (5:30 pm - 6:30 pm) - Free Community Meal.
- Tuesday, March 29th (6:30pm - 8:30pm) C.A.P. (Community Anti-Violence Program).
- Tuesday, March 29th (7:00pm) Men's Choir Rehearsal
- Thursday, March 31st (10:00am) Veterans Program.
- Friday, April 1st (7:00pm) Intergenerational Singers Rehearsal.
- Friday, April 1st (6:00 pm - 9:00 pm) - NA (Narcotics Anonymous) Meeting.
- Saturday, April 2nd (10:00am-3:00pm) Berean Fellowship. Weekly Bible Study everyone is welcomed and encouraged to attend. Facilitator: Sis Mary Thompson.
- Saturday, April 2nd (2:30pm) Senior Choir Rehearsal.
- Saturday, May 14th (1:00pm-2:30pm) Quarterly Pastoral Team meetings.
- Sunday, May 15th- Women's Day. If you are interested in serving as the chairperson please contact Sis. Janice Gaskins. All women are requested to meet in the sanctuary on Sunday, April 3rd immediately following worship service to discuss Women's Day.
- Saturday, May 21st - Church Council Meeting (11 am - 1 pm)
- Sunday, June 12th - A Congregational Meeting will be held in the Fellowship Hall immediately following worship service. Please plan to attend this meeting as we discuss the future of Hughes
- Please contact our Administrative Assistant, Sister Melanie to schedule church ministry events. You may click on the link below to check the availability of the Fellowship Hall: