"Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven
over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine
righteous persons who need no repentance."
Thought For the Week
The Real Jesus was always hanging out with
sinners. Eating with sinners, talking with sinners,
getting to know sinners. Why? Because Jesus
wants a relationship with sinners that is so
compelling that we will want to be a part of God's
- Prayers for the family and friends of our members who have recently passed.
- Prayers for all of our members who are in the hospital or homebound.
- Prayers for children and youth for peace and protection during this school year.
- In the event of inclement weather during weekdays we will follow the local school system. So, if D.C. Public Schools are closed then the church is closed. During the weekend if the church is closed the voice mail greeting will indicate we are closed, we will also post the closing on our Facebook page and the church website and an e-mail will be sent. Be safe and always exercise caution while traveling.
- Office Assistant- If you are willing to serve as an unpaid office assistant for 2 or more hours per week please contact Pastor Paul or Sister Doris Hill.
- Please like our fan page on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/hughesmemorialunitedmethodistchurch.DC?ref=hl) and send invitations to your family and friends to like us too!
- MARCH BOOK OF THE MONTH-Not Safe for Church - Ten Commandments for Reaching New Generations by F. Douglas Powe, Jr. & Jasmine Rose Smothers.
- Mark your calendars, this year we will celebrate our 67th Church Anniversary on Sunday, March 20th. More information is forth coming.
- Tuesday, March 1st (12:00noon-1:00pm) Lenten Bible Study, John, The Gospel of Light and Life.
- Tuesday, March 1st (5:30 pm - 6:30 pm) - Free Community Meal.
- Tuesday, March 1st (6:30pm - 8:30pm) C.A.P. (Community Anti-Violence Program).
- Tuesday, March 1st (7pm-8pm) Lenten Bible Study, John, The Gospel of Light and Life.
- Thursday, March 3rd (10:00am) Veterans Program.
- Friday, March 4th (12:30pm-2:00pm) Lenten Bible Study, John, The Gospel of Light and Life.
- Friday, March 4th (7:00pm) Intergenerational Singers Rehearsal.
- Friday, March 4th (7:30 pm - 9:00 pm) - NA (Narcotics Anonymous) Meeting.
- Saturday, March 5th (10:00am-3:00pm) Berean Fellowship. Weekly Bible Study everyone is welcomed and encouraged to attend. Facilitator: Sis Mary Thompson.
- Saturday, March 5th (10:00am) Senior Choir Rehearsal.
- Wednesday, February 10th - Thursday, March 24th Lenten Prayer Line - Join us daily for intercessory prayer from (6:45am - 7:00am) as we seek the power of God to transform our community of faith. Conference call #(712) 775-7031; Meeting ID#: 551-150-517.
- Saturday, March 5th, 2016 is Washington Region Leadership Day . The training will be held at Reservoir High School (11550 Scaggsville Rd, Fulton, MD 20759)
- Saturday, March 12, 2016, 3-5 p.m. DISTRICT-WIDE STOP HUNGER NOW CHALLENGE at Howard University (D.C.)
- Saturday, March 19th (11:00am-1:00pm) Church Council meeting. Beginning in March the Church Council will meet the 3rd Saturday of every other month. See Sis Sharmayne Miller for details.
- Thursday, March 24th (7pm-8pm) Maundy Thursday Worship Service.
- Sunday, March 27th (9:30am-10:30am) Pastor's Tea. Please drop by and fellowship with Pastor Paul as we discuss where God is leading Hughes and how we are going to get there!
- Please contact our Administrative Assistant, Sister Melanie to schedule church ministry events. You may click on the link below to check the availability of the Fellowship Hall: