This Week's Memory Verse"But Jesus looked at them and said to them, "with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26
Thought For the WeekIf you feel like a victim, instead of allowing the circumstances of life to overwhelm you begin praying to God for the power to make changes and the strength to take control of your life.
- Prayers for the family and friends of our members who have recently passed.
- Prayers for all of our members who are in the hospital or homebound.
- Prayers for children and youth as they enjoy their summer break.
- Sunday, August 2nd - We will be collecting a special Love Offering for Sister Rita Lewis during our worship service to support her in a tangible way as she courageously faces medical challenges. Please give generously!
- Membership Orientation- If you are new to our faith community or if you would like to know more about being a disciple of Jesus Christ and what our membership vows mean in the United Methodist Church you are encouraged to take this eight week course (October 4th - November 22nd) on Sunday's between 1:30pm - 2:30pm. Contact Pastor Paul or call the church office to register.
- Please contact our Administrative Assistant, Sister Melanie to schedule church ministry events. You may click on the link below to check the availability of the Fellowship Hall:
- You are invited to WHY WE CAN'T WAIT: EMPOWERING MALES OF COLOR THROUGH MENTORING & LITERACY. Please join us for an exciting discussion on DCPS' 500 for 500: Mentoring Through Literacy program. At the event you will have an opportunity to hear an update on the progress of the Empowering Males of Color initiative, hear from community partners that are engaged in the work, and connect with mentors who have answered the call to action. The event is open to any and all who are interested in learning about the impact mentoring can have on the lives of young men during their academic journey.Wednesday, August 5th 6pm-8pm at Eastern High School 1700 East Capitol St. N.E., Washington DC 20003.
- Tuesday, July 28th (5:30 pm - 6:30 pm) - Free Community Meal.
- Tuesday, July 28th (7:00pm) Men's Chorus
- Wednesday, July 29th (10:30 am) - Meals on Wheels We take meals to seniors who are homebound.
- Thursday, July 30th (10:00 am) - Veterans Program. Assist provided to veterans who are seeking benefits.
- Friday, July 31st (10:00am-12:00pm) Food Pantry
- Friday, July 31st (7:00pm) Intergenerational Singers
- Friday, July 31st (7:30 pm - 9:00 pm) - NA (Narcotics Anonymous) Meeting.
- Saturday, August 22nd (10:00am-Noon) Book Reflection - Sabbath as Resistance : Saying NO to the CULTURE OF NOW by Walter Brueggemann.
- Saturday, August 22nd (1:00 pm - 2:00 pm) - Quarterly Pastoral Ministry Team Meeting.
- Saturday, August 22nd. (2:00pm-3:00pm) Website Redesign Team Meeting. Are you creative and/or technologically savvy? If so, please become a part of the Website Redesign Team. Contact Pastor Paul for details.
- Sunday, August 23rd - "Back to School Blessing" during worship service. Remember to bring school supply donations in preparation for this worship service.
- Tuesday, August 25th (6:30pm - 8:00pm) C.A.P. (Community Anti-Violence Program) Fall Orientation. All tutors, parents and students are encouraged to participate.
- Tuesday, September 1st (6:30pm-8:00pm) C.A.P. resumes for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Tuesday, September 1st (Noon-1:00pm) Real Life Discipleship begins. This 12 week Bible Study is taught by Pastor Paul.
- Friday, September 11th (12:30pm - 2:00pm) Strong Was Her Faith - Bible Study. Classes will take place every Friday from September 11th thru Oct 16th. Contact Sis Alveta Jones for more information.
- Saturday, September 12th (9:00 am - 1:00 pm) - Fall Neighborhood Engagement Campaign.
- Sunday, September 13th (9:30am-10:30am) Covenant Discipleship Group Kick-off Meeting
- Saturday, September 26th (10:00 am - 2:00 pm) - Community Day.
- Saturday, September 26th (10:00am-Noon) Book Reflection - Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption by Bryan Stevenson.
- Saturday, October 3rd (10:00 am - Noon) - Worship Training Workshop
- Saturday, October 17th (1:00pm) Men's Day Fund Raising Concert.
- Thursday, October 22nd (7:00 pm - 9:00 pm) - 20019 Cluster Charge Conference will be held at Hughes Memorial UMC.
- Saturday, October 24th (10:00am - Noon) Book Reflection - Just Say Yes! Unleashing People for Ministry by Robert Schanese.
- November Book Reflection - will not be held due to the Thanksgiving Holiday - Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End by Atul Gawande is the November Book of the Month.
- Saturday, November 21st (9:00 am - 5:00 pm) - Fall Leadership Retreat at West River Retreat Center
- Sunday, November 22 - Men's Day
- December Book Reflection - will not be held due to the Christmas Holiday- Rich Church, Poor Church: Keys to Effective Financial Ministry by J. Clif Christopher is the December Book of the Month.