This Week's Memory Verse - "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13
Thought For the Week - "Have you included your church in your will?"
- Lafayette Barnes transitioned from labor to reward on Tuesday, February 24th. Please keep the Barnes family in your prayers. Viewing will be held on Tuesday, March 3rd (10 am - 11 am). The funeral will follow at 11 am. Condolences may be sent to Rev. Rodney A. Barnes, 9517 Ocala Street, Silver Spring, MD 20901. The family has requested financial contributions be made to Hughes Memorial UMC Music Ministry in lieu of flowers.
- Jeanette Orr lost four family members in a fire on February 16th in Detroit, MI. The funeral is Wednesday, February 25th. Please embrace her with the love of Christ and keep her family in your prayers.
- Lenten Season Intercessory Prayer Line - Everyday (6:45 am - 7:00 am) Wednesday, February 18th. thru Saturday, April 4th. Tel. # (712) 775-7031. Meeting ID: 517-071-419
- Tuesday, February 24th (Noon - 1 pm) - Lenten Bible Study - The Daniel Plan.
- Tuesday, February 24th (6:00 pm - 8:00 pm) - C.A.P. (Community Anti-Violence Program). We feed, tutor and mentor elementary and middle school children.
- Tuesday, February 24th (7:00 pm) - Men's Chorus Rehearsal
- Wednesday, February 25th (10:30 am) - Meals on Wheels. We take meals to seniors who are homebound.
- Thursday, February 26th (10:00 am) - Veterans Program. Assist provided to veterans who are seeking benefits.
- Thursday, February 26th (7:00 pm - 8:00 pm) - Lenten Bible Study - The Daniel Plan.
- Friday, February 27th (10:00 am - 12:00 pm) - Food Pantry. Non-perishable food provided to anyone in need.
- Friday, February 27th (7:30 pm - 9:00 pm) - NA (Narcotics Anonymous) Meeting.
- Saturday, February 28th (10:00 am - Noon) - February Book Reflection - The book this month is The Daniel Plan - 40 Days to a Healthier Life by Rick Warren, Daniel Amen & Mark Hyman. The book is $20 and may be purchased in the church office.
- Saturday, February 28th (10:00 am - 3:00 pm) -Berean Fellowship. Bible Study and discipleship class.
- Saturday, February 28th (11:00 am) - SHARE Pick-up.
- Sunday, March 1st (9:30 am - 10:30 am) - Lenten Bible Study - The Daniel Plan.
- Saturday, March 14th (8:00 am - 3:30 pm) - Let Your Life Speak - Washington Region Leadership Days - There is an opening plenary and over 35 workshops. To register go to http://bwcumc.org/leadership-
days/ The registration deadline is Friday, February 27th.
- Saturday, March 7th (11 am - 2 pm) - Cluster Meeting. The United Methodist Churches in 20019 will gather at Randall Memorial United Methodist Church to discuss a joint feeding program and hiring a cluster organizer. Everyone is encouraged to attend. Contact Pastor Paul for more information,
- Saturday, March 14th (9:30 am - 11:30 am) - 66th Anniversary Prayer Breakfast. Requested donation is $7. See Sis. Sharmayne Miller for more information.
- Sunday, March 15th (11:00 am - 2 pm) - 66th Anniversary Celebration - "They Walked So That We May Run" Guest Preacher - Rev. Michael A. Parker II. Church members are requested to give a donation of $66.
- Sunday, March 15th - F.R.A.N. (Friends Relatives Associates & Neighbors) Sunday. Make a special effort to invite a Friend, Relatives, Associate, or Neighbor to join you in worship every 3rd Sunday! See Sis. Renee Richardson for more details.
- Saturday, March 21st - Administrative Meetings:
- (8:30 am - 9:00 am) Gathering & Continental Breakfast ( Fellowship Hall)
- (9:00 am - 10:30 am) Administrative Team Meetings
- SPPRC (Conference Room)
- Finance (History Room)
- Lay Leadership Ministry (Seminar 1)
- Board of Trustees (Fellowship Hall)
- (10:30 am - 10:45 am) BREAK
- (10:45 am - 11:00 am) Holy Communion (Fellowship Hall)
- (11:00 am - 12:30 pm) Church Council (Fellowship Hall)
Community InformationInclement Weather Policy
We will follow the following inclement weather policy: During weekdays we will follow the local school system. So, if D.C. Public Schools are closed then the church is closed. During the weekend if the church is closed the voice mail greeting will indicate we are closed, we will post the closing on our Facebook page and the church website and an e-mail will be sent. Be safe and always exercise caution while traveling.